How to Leave a Note for UPS using Daks Couriers
A frustrating situation can occur when a UPS package arrives and no one is home to sign for it, so the UPS delivery person has to try and deliver the package another day. If you are expecting a package but know that you will not be home to sign for it, you can take action to get the package on the first delivery attempt. Leaving a note for UPS saves you from waiting another day for your delivery.
Things You’ll Need
UPS tracking number of your shipment
Blank sheet of paper and pen
- Track your package on the UPS home page or on the UPS Tracking web page by entering your shipment’s tracking number into the Tracking or InfoNotice Numbers field. By tracking your shipment, you will find out the shipment’s scheduled delivery date.
- View your tracking detail once you have entered your tracking number into the UPS website. You can view the progress of your package — where it is at the moment — and the scheduled date of delivery.
- Compose a handwritten note to UPS once you have tracked your package and learned the expected date of delivery. Specifically ask UPS to leave your package on your doorstep, under the doormat or in another safe area near your front entrance.
- On the date of expected delivery, tape the note for UPS on the outside of your front door before you leave the house.
- Leave a note on your front door asking UPS to leave your package with a neighbor if your package requires a signature or you do not want it left unattended on your doorstep. Make sure that the neighbor you ask to help you will be home during the day to sign for your package.
- Visit the UPS website if you failed to leave a note in time and the package was not left on your doorstep. Your can change your options of delivery to one of the following: Will Call, which holds the shipment for pickup; Reschedule Delivery, which holds the shipment until another date; Return to Sender or Deliver to Another Address.
Dont get head ache with that hustle, with Daks Couriers, we get all your UPS parcels and delivery questions answered locally in Uganda. We are UPS number one Partner in Uganda, no other like us.