Kampala Customs Business Center of Uganda Revenue Authority, is a one-stop shop for Customs transactions where the control of declarations is based on the Risk Management and is done electronically under the ASYCUDA++. Imports into the country are kept in a licensed customs area pending Customs Clearance.URA has basically four (4) import regimes.
IM4 – Direct Import for Home use
IM5 – Temporary Import
IM6 – Re-Import
IM7 – Customs Warehousing
Importer appoints a Customs Agent and hands him all related documents.
The appointed agent prepares an electronic customs declaration (Single Administrative Document – SAD) at any Direct Trader Input (DTI) center.
A printout is generated and payment must be made in the authorized bank.
Documents to attach
– Profoma invoice
– Commercial invoice (mandatory)
– Insurance certificates (where applicable)
– Freight invoices (where applicable)
– Sales Contract/Agreement (where applicable)
– Certificate of Origin (for preferential rate, it is mandatory)
-Shipment documents e.g.
• Bill of Lading (mandatory)
• Airway Bill (mandatory)
• Railway Consignment Note (mandatory)
– Export documents where applicable e.g.
• Export entry —- South Africa
• Shipping Bills —India
• Form E —- Pakistan
– Payment documents – Cash (Telegraphic Transfer – T/T)
DaksCouriers Limited is a trusted and reliable clearing agent in Uganda. We always deliver to satisfaction. Why go through the stress involved in clearing your imports and exports yet there is a simpler way in using us.