Working at Daks Couriers
Daks Couriers is looking for extraordinary people.
An inspirational and fun working environment, an innovation-driven, fast-growing company, ambitious projects and an incredibly talented team are just a few reasons why you will love it here.
Extremely competitive compensation packages
Opportunity for growth – We promote from within
Health cover for staff
Title: Declarations Officer (Re-Advertised).
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Daks Couriers Limited is the leading local Logistics company in Uganda with over 25 years of successful Logistics business in Uganda and the Great Lakes Region. Daks Couriers is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified company. Currently with advanced services in Transport, Warehousing and Freight Forwarding, the vision of the company is to become the best Logistics Company in the country and region as a whole through excellent customer service, steady continuous improvement and technological advancement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and make declarations of customs entries on time.
- Confirm that data has been entered accurately into the Asycuda system.
- Ensure tax payables have been captured correctly.
- Examine, and re-confirm to ensure the HS codes and incoterms are correctly applied before lodging customs entries.
- Always follow up to ensure taxes have been promptly paid.
- Promptly process shipping manifests from customs Entebe brokerage center.
- Compare and ensure manifested details tally with the shipping documents.
- Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with systems functionality.
- Monitor and ensure entries have been processed at the Document Processing Centre once payment has been made.
- Perform quality assurance on work processed and prepare a daily report to all ongoing declarations
- Efficiently handle all matters ascending from disagreements over tariff and assessments at any stage of clearance.
- Iinvestigate and resolve customers’ complaints and escalate to higher authorities.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- A Minimum of 3 years experience in the same field.
- Highly conversant with ASYCUDA system, HSC Code, URA Web portal, URA help tool and Single windows.
- A must to have attained EACFFPC certificate and a post graduate diploma in clearing and forwarding.
- A degree in Businesses administration, transport and logistics, or any related business course with hands on experience in clearing and forwarding is desirable.
- Experience and full understanding of Airfreight and Sea freight clearance procedures is essential.
- Knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Uganda, East and Central Africa is essential.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via email to
Deadline: 28 May 2021.